If you are planning a sabbatical abroad, please familiarize yourself with the following resources:
- Cornell's Human Resources - Benefits while on Sabbatical
- Cornell's Travel Policy 3.2 provides details for sabbatical and other extended travel (see page 19), such as what may be considered business versus personal expenses as well as tax implications.
- Cornell's Leaves for Professors and Academic Staff (Policy 6.2.1)
- Your college or school may have its own Sabbatical web page.
- A useful checklist for all international travelers.
- If you receive income from a foreign source while abroad, be sure to speak with your accountant to determine how to report income. (Background: IRS Income from Abroad is Taxable page.)